CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, July 30, 2010

Happy Birthday Nicole!

YEAH!!! The weather here in New England is finally gorgeous. There is no humidity and only 80 degrees. The sun isn't real bright but just being able to shut off the AC is wonderful and it is suppose to stay like this until Tuesday! Funny how something like the weather can make me sooo happy!

My daughter's 29th birthday was this week and this is the card that I made for her.I colored quite a few different images but none of them seemed right for her card. My daughter loves shopping, clothes and accessories. She has always been this way. When I saw this stamp from Lilli of the Valley I immediately thought of Nicole. So when I was looking through all my stamps for a couple more images to color to maybe use on her card this one jumped out at me. As you can see it worked perfectly and Nicole laughed when she opened the card because she thought it was just like her!

Here are some fabulous challenges that fit my card

Lilli of the Valley Challenge 58-This is a sketch challenge that was wonderful to work with.
Ooh La La Challenge #59-This week their challenge is a Birthday Theme!
Wild Orchid Challenge 2-The challenge this week is "Lovely Lace". I love to use crochet lace on my cards!
Dutch Dare Challenge DDCC #83-"Anything Goes" is their challenge this week. I love these challenges!
Fairy Fun Friday Challenge Week 30-The challenge this week is to have something "3D" on your creation. This is my first time playing along with this challenge, really fun theme!
Alota Rubber Stamps Challenge #39-This challenge is to use "Glitter and Pearls" on your creation. I glittered the flowers, leaves, dots and flower on her dress and hat, it doesn't show in the photo very well and I love using pearls!
The Crazy Challenge-Their challenge this week is "All About Birthdays".
PaperPlay Challenge Week 30-This week their challenge is a fun one "Anything Goes"!
Stampin" B's Challenge 69-This challenge is to create a Birthday Card. Great challenge this week!

I hope you get a chance to check out all these wonderful challenges and play along!

Supplies
Stamps: Lilli of the Valley Rubber Stamps
Paper: DP Melissa Frances, SU Mint Melody and Pretty in Pink CS, Paper Cut Shimmer CS, Papertrey White CS
Ink: Copics
Accessories: Paper Shaper Corner Punch, MS Heart Border Punch and Branch Punch, Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, Melissa Frances Lace, SU Crochet Flowers, CTMH Flowers, Prima Roses, SU Pearls, Stickles, Paper Lace Doily, Class A Peels Happy Birthday

Thank you so much for stopping by today to see what I created. I really appreciate all the wonderful comments that you leave for me to read.

Happy Creating,
Mary

15 comments:

Crystal said...

AWWW I just LOVE these colors together and that image is cute as can be....Beautiful layers and punches!!! What a terrific bday card.....Nicole will sure love it!

Peggy said...

OMG!! This is beautiful. I love the hearts and the colors. I'm sure Nicole loved it. Great job Mary!

恩梁如恩梁如 said...

人類的聰明,並非以經驗為依歸,而是以接受經驗的行程為依歸。.......................................................

mamichelle said...

Mary, this is precious! Love the colors, the adorable image, your beautiful coloring, etc.! I hope your daughter had a nice birthday.

Benzi said...

Glad you joined the Stampin B's this week and it looks as if it was the perfect time as you needed a birthday card. It is just adorable and seemed to have been perfect for her.

Lena Katrine said...

Georgeous creation in lovely colours and beautiful details!
Thanks for joining our challenge at LOTV this time - good luck!
Hugs, Lena

Sue said...

A very pretty card with lots of girly touches. Love it !
Thanks for playing in your first FFF challenge and hope you become a regular.
Sue xx

Wendi said...

Oh WOW Mary this is absolutly gorgeous the colours are beautiful and your colouring perfect
Thank you so much for joining us at ooh la la this week
Wendi

Margreet said...

great girly card......glad your daughter loved it.thanks for playing with FFF
xxx Margreet

Monika/Buzsy said...

Fabulous card! Love the cute image, the colors... the gorgeous flowers... Thanks for playing along with us at DDCC.

Kim said...

Mary this is so amazing! What a gorgeous card for your daughter! I love the colors you have used and the softness of this beautiful card! Love the lace from the real lace, punches, and heart! Gorgeous!!! Thanks for joining us at WOC!
Hugs~ Kim

Joanne (jojot) said...

OMGosh.....this is the most precious card I have seen today....I just had to stare at it.....fabulous soft colors, sweet image....just everything WORKS....thanks so much for playing with the Stampin B's

Pops x said...

This is gorgeous sweetie, i love the image that you have chosen and the papers are fab too, thanks for joining us at LOTV big hugs love Pops x x

CraftyC said...

Your card is gorgeous, beautiful colours and pretty embellishments. Thanks for taking part in the LOTV Challenge!
Clairexx

Janie Printz said...

Oh Mary I just simply adore this card & all your others. You color them so perfectly & all the details you put into them just makes them so incredible I can't even begin to say enough great things about them ...
I have 2 questions for you :
How do you get auch wonderful BRIGHT pictures of your cards, & HOW do you find so many challenges to take part in? Do you find the challenges & then make your sweet cards or do you just make them & then find all those wonderful challenges? I'm pretty new at this & haven't entered any challenges but would love to ...
Would appreciate any advice from you or anyone else that may read this ...
Hugs, Janie