CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Don's Birthday Card

Tomorrow is my husband's birthday! This week has been one that I would like to forget about. One of the children that I am in charge of at school decided that he hates school and is not going to come anymore. If he does come he is not going to do any work. That is what I heard all week because he wasn't feeling well. It definitely takes a toll on my week because it is a constant struggle mentally to get him to do any work. So when I would get home I was too wiped out to do any creating. I knew I had to get Don's card done and I really wanted it to come out nice for him.
I worked all day today on it while he was out of the house and this is what it looked like when it was finished.

It took a couple of tries with the Copics before I thought the boots looked like the color of my husband's workboots. I love using my Just Rite stamps with the rectangle block. I never would have found a stamp that said to my huband! I just spaced it so that I could stamp wonderful (SU ) between the Just Rite stamps. All of the CS was stamped with the SU plaid backround stamp for some texture.

It looks like I used gold brads all over the card but they are something cool that I found at Michaels. They are called rhinestone stickers. They look and feel like metal brads and they come in silver, gold and pearls and they are self stick. There are a lot on the sheet and the come in three different sizes on the sheet, fairly cheap too! So much easier that brads.

Supplies:
Stamps: SU and Just Rite Stamps
CS: SU More Mustard, Close to Cocoa, White used for Copic coloring and DP: Memory
Box (I think)
Ink: SU Close to Cocoa, Old Olive, Memento black and Copics
Accessories: SU punch, SU gold ribbon, Class A Peel stickers, Rhinestone stickers and misc. clip

I have some of the day to play tomorrow so I am hoping to do some Valentine cards. It will be here before I know it!

Thanks for looking!
Mary

6 comments:

Peggy said...

This is so cute. I love your idea using the Just Rite Stamps with the SU word. Happy Birthday to Don!

Michelle Quinno said...

I saw those fake brads and almost bought them. I couldn't decide which ones to get!

Love your card and I'm sure your hubby will too. I'm so glad you've given me ideas for that rectangle stamp! I still haven't opened mine.

Good luck with your student. It's tough when they're that difficult at such a young age!

Pia said...

Mary,
Sorry about your week! I LOVE the card!! I was just saying that I never make cards for my husband. I will have to go to Michaels and look for the "brads"

Kristen said...

Mary,
This card is Perfect, and your coloring is amazing. I am sorry that you had a rough week, and sorry to hear about Nicoles job. I hope things turn around.

Mary C said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I LOVE this card---I'm so glad I got that set when it was available---it will always be one of my favorites!
Nola