CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Let It Snow...., Basic Grey Challenge #5 Martine's Sketch


I don't like winter too much but I love snowmen of all kinds. This is a new snowman stamp that I just bought at my LSS because I just loved the expression on the face! I still have lots of Fall cards to finish but the sketch for the Basic Grey Challenge, Week 5 Martine's Sketch, was perfect for this stamp and I couldn't resist inking it up right away.

The paper is from last year's Basic Grey winter 6x6 pak. I love both these papers and was kind of hoarding them until now. You can't see it in the picture but the snowman is outlined in glitter over the Copics that I shaded him with. I also painted inside his body with white paint to give him a bit of texture. I included a picture of some new sparkle that I found and bought at a stamp convention. It is called Twinklets by Floracraft and it is like real ice crystals. It isn't like a chunky glitter because it is very thin, flat and clear. That is the best way I can think to describe it. It comes in a good size bottle and it goes on with glue or like on the large snowflake because the bottom flake is felt I used Crystal effects so it would stick good. This stuff is wonderful if you like sparkle on your creations!

Supplies
Stamps: Great Impressions, Savvy Stamps
Paper: CTMH Textured White, DP Basic Grey
Ink: Memento Black and Copics
Accessories: EK Success Snowflake punches, Twinklets Diamond Dust, Art Institute Glitter, Hero Arts Rhinestones, Queen & Co Pearls, Maya Road Felt Snowflakes

I hope you enjoyed seeing my creation for this challenge. Thank you for all your wonderful comments, I really do appreciate them very much. Please visit again soon.

Enjoy your day,
Mary

3 comments:

Peggy said...

I love the white/maroon combo Mary. It is so pretty. After seeing your snow now I wish I had bought that stuff too. I love this.

Michelle Quinno said...

Wow, that is so pretty! Love the color combo, coloring and all those pretty snowflakes!

Kerry D-C said...

SOOOO SWEET!!! Love the flakes! great image!!