CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 7, 2009

A Special Plea


It has been a beautiful day here in New England. The feel of Fall is here even though it is Labor Day. Everyone was gone this morning at my house so I got to finish up this card. It is going to a young girl in a hospital in Boston. Dustin Pike put out a plea for cards for this girl who had her arm amputated because of a boating accident while on vacation. My heart goes out to her and her family so this is the least I could do. If you would like to send her a card or read about her accident Erin has all the info on her blog here. Dustin is giving a free Digi Stamp of your choice to everyone who sends a card and Erin has blog candy to win for sending a card.
I was at Peggy's house so I stamped some images of her Motivet stamp she has, thanks Peggy. I love these stamps and thought it would be perfect for this card.

I also made this card for the Basic Grey Challenge week 3 this week's challenge is an inspiration challenge. I decided to use the colors in the room and a some frills to the card because of what looks like lace curtains on the windows.

One last tidbit I have to offer. The first time I used this Spellbinder die on a card I hated it because of all the trouble to get it separated from the die. I said this exactly in my post! Well I now have to say I found the solution and love this design now. All you need to do is put a piece of wax paper on top of the die before you put your paper down on top of the die. After you crank it through the Cuttlebug the cut paper and the wax paper pop right out of the die, soo easily now!So if you love these new intricate dies don't be afraid to buy them just make sure you have the wax paper handy.
Supplies
Stamps: Motivet, Stampin Up
Paper: SU Certainly Celery, Barely Banana, The Paper Co Shimmer White, DP Basic Grey
Ink: Copics, memento Black
Accessories: Spellbinder die, Nesties, MS punch, Bow Easy, Primas, Walmart Ribbon, Michaels Sticker Pearls and JoAnn's Eyelet trim

I hope if you have a minute you will consider sending a card to this young girl. She has a rough road ahead and could you all the prayers and well wishes that we can send.

Thanks for stopping by,
Mary

6 comments:

Michelle Quinno said...

Oh Mary, that is beautiful!!! How sweet of you to send one. I will have to dig through my stash. I just can't make one right now. That poor girl! I will pass it along to my stamping friends. You really outdid yourself on this one!!

Pia said...

Gourgeous Mary! I will have to get a card sent on its way.

debby4000 said...

Oh what a fabulous card, beautiful colours and fab image.
luv
Debby

Heather said...

Beautiful, adorable card, love Doraline (want 'em all!!). Great interpretation of the photo with such gorgeous details.
Thanks for the tip on the Spellbinders pendant dies, I've had one on order for about three weeks - still waiting - very impatiently I might add (lol).
Thanks so much for playing along with us at BG.
hugs Heather & the BG team xx

Kristen said...

Oh Mary, this is just beautiful! Oh, I love it!

Kerry D-C said...

Wowzers! this is STUNNING!!! Love the pendant die...thanks for your tip about the wax paper too!