CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Christmas Wishes, Sugar Bowl Challenge 22 Kathy's Sketch


It is time for another Sugar Nellie challenge at the Sugar Bowl, this week it is Challenge 22, Kathy's sketch and you need to use lace on the card. I just got my new Christmas Sugar Nellie's so I couldn't wait to use one of them. I think this angel stamp is my favorite, though all four are
really adorable.
When I started the card I knew I wanted her dress to have some sparkle to it. By the time I finished the card the whole think was sparkling! A while back I bought some Swarfsky crystals for another project and didn't use them all so it seems a perfect fit for this card. I used them on the stars, her wand and the little strips in the corner. I dabbed the back round with Icicle Stickles and painted the stars on her dress with Stickles also. The trim on the hat on the dog is painted with the Stickles. Once I started I kept finding new places to put sparkle.

I still needed to find the right embellishment for the bottom corner like in the sketch. I decided to stick with the star theme and punched out stars and ran them through my small Xyron machine then glittered them with Diamond Dust. They still didn't "POP" enough so that was when I used the crystals as a the finishing sparkle. I wish my pictures showed how much sparkle there is but it just doesn't come through. I tried a close up to try to show the sparkle but it still doesn't show it all like IRL. The card needed lace on it and I tad this pretty piece in my stash. It didn't stand out very well so I put a piece of cranberry ribbon underneath so show the dainty detail of the lace. I hope this card has inspired you to add some sparkle to your creations!

Supplies
Stamps: Sugar Nellie, Impression Obsession(saying)
Paper: SU Regal Rose, Papertrey White, DP Basic Grey
Inks: Memento Black, Copics
Accessories: Nesties, MS Punch, Paper Shaper Punch, Marvy Star Punch, Swarfsky Crystals, Stickles, SU Glitter, Jo Anns Ribbon and Lace

Thanks so much for stopping by today to check out my creations. I really appreciate the wonderful comments that you leave.

Have a sparkling day,
Mary

6 comments:

Michele Roos said...

Gorgeous card. Love the image you've used and the colours also. Hugs Michele x

Peggy said...

OOOHHH Mary. This is beautiful. I love the green & maroon. Great job on the coloring too. Love this card!

Kristen said...

WAAAYYYY cute, and your coloring is wonerful.

Michelle Quinno said...

It's really beautiful, Mary! I can see the sparkle in the close ups. Love what you did in the corner. Pretty, pretty, pretty!!!

Anonymous said...

Great card with lovely colouring and beautiful papers.
Barbara
xx

Kathy said...

Beautiful interpretation of my sketch!! Love the papers and that image is so cute!! I now regret not getting it!! So cute!
Thanks so much for playing along with my sketch!!
:)Kathy