CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 3, 2009

An Old Fashioned Christmas


The weather today in Northern Massachusetts was fantastic! The temp outside at school registered at 72 degrees at lunchtime. It is usually around the 30's about this time of year. They are saying snow for Saturday, crazy weather for sure!
I bought this Just Rite Christmas set in the early Fall and stuck it away for use later on. I almost forgot about it until I was digging in my Just Rite storage boxes and found it! I loved the snowmen in this set, but after playing with this sleigh I am really loving it too for a Christmas card. I have a quite a few of these stamps and find them fun to interchange. I colored most of the trim on the sleigh and the holly with my Spica Glitter pens, boy do they sparkle and work were regular glitter would be too much. I tried to capture it in the second picture.

A lot of the challenges this week fit my card so here are the ones I participated in

Pile It On Challenge #26- To use flowers and flourishes, two things I love to use on cards and of course one other current challenge.
Papertake Weekly Challenge Sketch #29- I love this sketch because it lets you do so much with it.
Stamp with Fun Challenge 35- Christmas, this is a new challenge that I found that looks like lots of fun!
Crazy For Challenges week 13-Punch Happy, I used a branch and flourish punch on my card.
Cupcake Craft Challenge 68-Red and green, perfect Christmas card colors.
Cuttlebug Challenge #59&#60-Add glitter and bling, that's lots of fun along with some cuttlebug
on the card.
I hope you check out all these great challenges. I am finding them a lot of fun to do.

Supplies
Stamps: Just Rite Stamps
Paper: CTMH Textured CS, SU Handsome Hunter CS, Papertrey White, and DP Bo Bunny, Daisy D's
Inks: Copics, Memento Black, and Atyou Spica Glitter Pens
Accessories: Nesties, Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, MS Branch Punch, Paper Shaper Flourish Punch, Poinsettia Flowers Unknown, Recollection Sticker Pearls, Michaels Sparkle Ribbon

I hope you have liked what I created. I really appreciate you stopping by today. If you have a minute I would really like to know what you think about my card. Please stop by again.

Enjoy the day,
Mary

10 comments:

Shirl said...

Hi Mary - real Christmas colours card is just so traditional and the sleigh is just coloured in perfectly

Peggy said...

Mary this is one of the pretties cards you have ever made. I absolutely love it. I think this can be my XMAS card. He He

Kristen said...

The love traditional colors you used. This card is gorgeous ( as they all are). Great layout too.

Pia said...

Mary,
I love it! I read your previous post and I too cannot spend any more $$ on myself, but I love your just rite stamps on this card. They may get a second look! Great coloring as usual. Your snowman card is adorable too!

Anonymous said...

Hi :)
I love your beautiful card...
"Thanks" for joing us at the CB Blog

Terrie
http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com/

Deanna said...

Stunning! Thanks for playing with us at PIO this week!

Anonymous said...

mary,
what a happy little xmas card!!!!

Thanks for playing w/ us at Pile It on!

-- dalis

Michelle Quinno said...

So pretty, Mary! Talk about weird weather, huh?!

Shantaie said...

really pretty! The glitter is just enough sparkle!

Im so happy you took the bling challenge at cuttlebug challenge blog!

Unknown said...

Thats looks delicate in fact i would say, i really liked reading this blog, very innovative and your work are really appreciable, Great idea and creativity, keep it up.

cartucho r4i