CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Follow The Leader?

You would not believe how fast the snow is falling here in our part of New England! We have gotten 19 inches in about 131/2 hours and it is still snowing. In honor of this storm I thought I would post this card. This is a Dustin Pike image that I love. The expressions on each duck's face is so funny, they look dazed from the chilly surroundings. This image went along with some other carnival images I bought a while back. My first thought was the ducks messed up and didn't make it to Florida!

I don't know if you can tell but there is lots of glitter on this card. I glittered the water, the drippy ice on the side, at the bottom of their eyes. all the snowflakes and on top of the snow(Flower Soft). I really wanted a lot of sparkle against the bright colors! I also couldn't resist adding speech bubbles. The art teacher at school would shoot me if she saw them!

These are some wonderful challenges that fit my card

Aly's Sunday Sketch Challenge ASC33-This challenge is "Things with Wings". All these ducks take care of the wings!

CES Challenge #18-This challenge is all about "Creatures both great and small". Great idea for a challenge theme!

Craft Your Days Away Challenge #11-This week their challenge is "Anything Goes" one of my favorite themes!

Create4Fun Challenge Week 02-This is the great sketch I used for my card!

Creative Inspirations Challenge #94-This challenge is a photo inspiration for the colors (blue, brown , white). I love these colors together.

Crafts And Me Challenge #21-This challenge this week is "Paper Tearing". Not something I do often, just right for this card though!

Creative Belli Blog Challenge #108-Their challenge is "Snow". I like it on my cards not so much out my window.

Double Dutch Challenge #59-Make a scene is the challenge this week. I added the snow, the sky and the flakes to create the scene.

Doodle Dragon Studios Challenge-This challenge is "Baby It's Cold Outside". I thought this Dustin Pike digi worked perfect for the cold!

Papertake Weekly Challenge-Cold and Frosty Morning is their challenge this week. These little guys look very cold and frosty in the water!

Stamp With Fun Challenge #93-This week the challenge is "Snow", I added it to the ground with Flower Soft and put snowflakes in the sky and as embellishments.

Sweet Stampin' Challenge-Try Something Different, my different is paper tearing. I NEVER to this technique. I am always afraid of tearing too much. I think it looks good on this card though.

The Crazy Challenge CCH#49-This challenge is to use "Animals" on your creation, I hope ducks count!

These are all fabulous challenges so be sure to stop by and play along with them!

Thank you so much for stopping by today to see what I created. I really appreciate all your wonderful comments that you leave for me to read.

Happy Creating,

Mary

21 comments:

Juls said...

too gorgeous and too funny!!! Love it!! Hugs Juls

Jennifer Dove said...

OMG Mary this is great! I love this image! Thank you for joining us at Doodle Dragon!

Jen

NGCARDS said...

Oh this is beautiful hun, very classy! Thank you for joining in with our challenge of Photo Inspiration over at Creative Inspirations Wednesday Challenge Blog! xxx

Crystal said...

Oh my goodness how cute is THIS!!!! I LOVE this image and those sayings up top are just PERFECT!!! Great card!

Kerri - Big Smiles from Kbear said...

This is hilarious! I love it! Very clever use of the carnival set! Thanks for joining our Doodle Dragon Studio Winter challenge.

Bundle up and stay warm!
Kerri

Ginny said...

too cute, thanks for joining us at DDS :)

Anne-Marije said...

What a nice card you've made with my sketch!
Thanks for joining us at the Create4fun Challenge this week.
xxx Anne-Marije

BTW: I have another challenge where your card fits well. Take a look at Phindy's Place. We've a distressing challenge this week...
Here's the link: http://phindysplacechallenge.blogspot.com/

Tamara Morton said...

Awe such a cute and fun card gave me quite a giggle. Like the snow you have added. Thanks for joining in at Creative Belli.
Hugs
Tamara DT

Flutterby Trina said...

Lovley card, great sentiment! Thanks for joining us at papertake weekly! Good luck

Hugs

Katrina

Michelle Quinno said...

haha, this is so cute, Mary!! Hope you dug out ok. It was horrible, huh?!

Karen W said...

This is adorable and perfect for your weather out there. Thanks so much for joining in the Creative Belli Challenge, hope to see you next time.

Gramma said...

I'm a huge fan of Dustin Pike digis and this is the cutest image I've seen yet! Great job!

Julie said...

Fab card and a great sentiment!! Thanks for joining us this week at CES challenges! Juliexx

Joan Ervin said...

What a darling image and I love how you added all the snow!!! Thanks for playing in the Belli challenge!!!

Mel X said...

Such a pretty card.

Thanks for joining us this week at Craft Your Days Away. Good luck.

Mel X

Anne said...

Fabulous! Thanks for linking up with our Crazy challenge. Hugs x

designsfromwithinbycharlotte said...

This is just adorable! I love the colors you've used and the sentiments!!! Too cute! Great job with the snow and snowflakes. Thanks for playing along with us at Doodle Dragon Studios!
Charlotte
DDS DT

Shelly Schmidt said...

Darling- I love your humor and the coloring is fantastic! Thanks for joining us at the Belli challenge!

Crafteezee said...

That's a really fun image. Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me. Hugs Tracy x

Shelly said...

I love this card! I laughed out loud. Marvelous imagination and creativity!!!

Dustin Pike said...

Great card, would have never thought of the Duck Pond digi as a winter card, awesome work...