CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Taking After MOM?



This post is all about my daughter, Nicole. I like to think I am crafty but she is creative. She loves to write poetry and has never quite known what to do with it once she wrote it. I thought maybe doing a scrapbook with it but it never seemed right to her. Then she tried a regular journal and the pages are stamped and decorated with small jewels or pearls not enough room for an artistic feel to go along with the poems. She wanted a blank canvas so smash books didn't quite fit and then one day I saw Simple Stories at our LSS. It is like a small 3 ring binder filled with all kinds of different pages. It seems to be a perfect fit for Nicole's journaling (poetry). I thought I would post 2 of the pages and the front of the journal on my blog for her since she doesn't have one of her own. She is definitely having fun with my stash of goodies and tools, and she is starting to collect her own stash of stuff. It is fun sharing what I know about paper crafting and stamping and seeing her take it in her own direction. What do you think? She would love to know what others think of her creative work so far.

I am entering these into a few challenges so I can share her work with others

Saturated Canary Smash Hop-Journaling
Truly Madly Crafty May Challenge FIVE, teal page, 5 different embellishments, flowers, pearls & gems, ribbon, MF swirl and glitter sticker letters
The Corrosive Challenge #149-teal page, Flowers and Doilies and Bling, Oh My!
Anything Goes Challenge #66-Journal Cover, Things with Wings, the Butterfly
Hotshot Craft Challenge #8-Diecuts
The Sisterhood of Crafters Challenge-May Flowers
Great Impressions Challenge #3-Anything Goes
Let's Ink It Up Challenge #23-Bling, jewelry box and chandelier are both stamped
Inspire Me Fridays #58-Anything Goes

Thank you so much for stopping by today to see what my daughter Nicole has created. She really appreciates you leaving a comment for her to read.

Happy Creating,
Mary and Nicole

12 comments:

Bev said...

OH MY WORD. These are just AWESOME. What incredible Creativity it must be in the Genes and on top of all this Beauty, Poetry as well.An Amazing Job Well Done.

Catherine said...

These are gorgeous creations and I love all the little details....

Unknown said...

Oh Wow, this is just stunning. I adore all the bling. Gorgeous, gorgeous creation. Thanks for taking part in our Bling challenge at LIIU this month, good luck. Hugz Suzanne

Basement Stamper said...

Wow, she has just come alive-a natural with the scrapbooking her poems, I think they are gorgeous!

Darlene said...

WOW! These are FABULOUS and just GORGEOUS!!! Thanks so much for joining us at The Sisterhood ‘MAY FLOWERS’ challenge and please come back again soon!
Darlene
one of the 'Sistahs'
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Susan Hogan said...

Very creative!Thanks for joining in all the fun of our bling challenge at Lets Ink It Up!

mags said...

Gorgeous project. Love all the bling and sparkle. Thanks for sharing with us at LIIU and good luck.
Mags
x

Michelle Quinno said...

Beautiful job, Nicole!

p.s. Mary, congrats on winning at Saturated Canary!

Marimer said...

Cada dia me asombro mas encontrar blogs como el tuyo con tanta creatividad y que hasta ahora no habia dado con él. Estoy disfrutando viendo tus maravillosos trabajos, ultimamente me relaja mas ver los blogs de las amig@s que hacer yo scrap, seguire viniendo a ello.
Enhorabuana.
Besitos desde Tenerife-Canarias.

Linda Palmer said...

These are all gorgeous but I really love the journal. I love it! Thanks for joining us at the Corrosive Challenge Blog.

Kristen said...

OMG....Nicole, these are GORGEOUS!!!! and you hve only just started. Man there is some seriously creative juces running in that house!!! Jealous!!!

craftymum said...

Wonderful card.Thank you for joining us at HSC for our Die Cuts Challenge.

Hugs sarah x