CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

For My Mom, Going Grey with Scrap-Creations Challenge #9

Boy has time flew by since last week! I can't believe that it is Tuesday and time for another challenge at

Going Grey With Scrap-Creations

The challenge #9 this week is a fun one, an open theme!!!!!! Do whatever you like as long as you use BG paper and we would love to see it. Also this week we have an awesome sponsor



and with a great prize of 3 digital stamps for one lucky person who plays along with us this week, easy challenge and great prize what's stopping you come play along with us! If you need a little inspiration here is what the DTs created using these great digi stamps






I decided that I would make this my Mother's Day card to my mom. I wanted it bright and cheery, something different than what I usually make for her, pastels my favorite. Luckily this BG paper had lots of great colors in it to choose from! I am sure I made the perfect card for her this year.

Here are some of the fantastic challenges to fit my card

Stampin' Royalty Challenge #17-the challenge this week is to use punches on your creation. I used the MS heart border punch and the SU leaf punch.

TandaStamps, Tanda Teaser 144-This is a fun one create something with a dog or cat theme on it. I love dogs so that is what I chose to use.

Hand Full of Stamps Challenge HFOS #26-"Look What I Got" use something brand new you got this week. I got this wonderful digi and the crocheted flower from SU.

S2G Challenge Twisted Thursday #54-This challenge is all about mom and the twist is to use the word mother or mom on your creation.

Stampin' B's Challenge #56-The challenge this week is to make a Mother's Day card. I hope my mom likes hers!

Digi Doodle Shops Best Challenge #5-This is a new challenge for me and how fun that it is anything goes!

Create4Fun Challenge Week 18-This is another new challenge for me this week and I fell in love with the sketch that they have for us to play with. I love sketch challenges and this was a great sketch for my card!!!!

By The Cute and Girly Challenge May Challenge-This month the challenge is celebrations, I chose Mother's Day for my celebration because my mother is so special to me and a great reason to celebrate her!

Cupcake Craft Challenge 89-This week the challenge is a card recipe, 3 papers, 3 ribbons, and 3 flowers! This was a bit of a challenge once I started making sure I didn't forget the 3 of everything! I used 3 BG papers 2 on the back rounds and 1 thin piece across the ribbon in the middle, I have 2 bows and a piece of ribbon with the flowers. Lastly I used 3 different flowers together to make one flower arrangement!

The Pink Elephant Challenge TPE65-Their challenge this week is to create a Mother's Day card! Every mom deserves a handmade card made with love on her special day!

I hope you get a chance to check out all these wonderful challenges this week and hopefully play along with them!

Supplies
Stamps: Wink Wink Ink Digi Stamps, saying (computer generated)
Paper: BG DP, SU Colored CS, Papertrey White CS
Inks: Copics
Accessories: Nesties, MS Heart Border Punch, SU Leaf Punch, Stickles, SU Crocheted Flower, Bo Bunny Aqua Flower, and Prima Mini Rose, Michaels Ribbons, and Jo Anns Heart Pin

Thank you so much for stopping by today to see what I created. I really appreciate all your wonderful comments you leave for me to read. Enjoy this wonderful Spring week!

Happy Creating,
Mary

28 comments:

Ayelet {Jenny} said...

Stunning! I just love this its so cute! Thank You for joining us over at BTC&G! and good luck! X

Judy said...

I love your card. The colors are so rich, and just really give it the "Wow" factor. I love the way you put the embellishment together..very very nice. I also love your blog, so cheerful.

Thank you so much for entering this in our challenge at Digi Doodle Shop's Best.

Hugs

Powerful Search Engine said...

Hi there great card I love the colouring of the image and how wonderfully it matches the papers. Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle shops best challenge hugs Pascale

sue law said...

Great card Mary and such vibrant colour....would have fitted last weeks Tanda Teaser too!

Thanks for joining in this week and we hope to see you again soon!
sue
x

Crystal said...

AWWWWW I love how you used this image, these colors, your bg, and layout is fabulous!!!! What a wonderful creation!!!

Lisa Somerville said...

Such a wonderful card for Mom! Beautiful coloring and embellishments.

Harriet H said...

Beautiful card and I would love getting that card....thank you for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best and hope you will join us again....

Harriet

Michelle Quinno said...

That's beautiful, Mary! Your mom will love it!

Peggy said...

Mary this came out so so cute! Perfect coloring! Great job!

Darlene said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Darlene said...

WOW ... your coloring is AWESOME and matches in with your paper perfectly! FANTASTIC creation ... I love how you've added the little bow in the flower pot! Just everything about this card screams "happiness"! Mom's going to love it!!

Darlene
*Wink *Wink Ink DT

Shanda Stirk said...

What a cute card! The colors and design are lovely and the puppy is so cute. Thanks for playing with us at Stampin' Royalty.

savvy teaching tips said...

Great job with the punches. Thanks for playing with us at Stampin' Royalty.

Monika Reeck said...

Lovely coloring the Images and wow so many challenges...good luck with the challenge.....thanks for joining us at DDSB challenge, hugs, Monika

KymKreates said...

Oh my gosh!!! What a wonderful creation!!! Thanks so very much for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's Best and good luck!
KymKreates

Karen Howard said...

Super cute image... love that doggie!!! Awesome papers adn I lvoe the flower arrangement.

Benzi said...

Ooh, what a cute, cute little pooch in those boots. Love your bg paper and the card is adorable. Thanks for joining the StampinB's this week with your Mother's Day card.

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

Cute card! Thanks for joining us at DDSB! :)

-Jo
http://joboogie.typepad.com

Ann English said...

Such a cute image and a beautiful card-your embellishments and colors are perfect! Thank you for joining us for Twisted Thursday at Shirleys2Girls!

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Mary, what a pretty card. The image is so cute and the papers are gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

Basement Stamper said...

Great coloring, love to see how different ours are even with the same image.

Welcome! said...

This card is cute cute cute! I love the bright colours! Thanks for playing along with The Pink Elephant!

Melanie Nichols said...

Mary, I am loving what you have done with my Pup in Boots image! So many adorable little touches! Fabulous job! ;o)

Michele Roos said...

Such a gorgeous card, love the colours you've used. Hugs Michele x

Kristen said...

Oh, Mary, as always, your card is amazing, and you colors ROCK!

Debs said...

wow..love the bright colours and the super cute image :-)
thanks for joining us at BTCAG...Debs x

Anne-Marije said...

What a nice card!
Thanks for joining us at the Create4fun challenge this week.
xxx Anne-Marije

Unknown said...

love what you did with the image, thanks so much for playing along with HFOS.
trish