CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, May 28, 2010

It's A Guy Thing

YEAH the weekend is here! Life is so busy these days that I have hardly had time to stop and take a breather. It will be nice to have an extra day to enjoy with family and friends. Then the craziness will continue until June 17th. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

This card was made for my daughter to give to a dear friend that is crazy about cars. My daughter hunted high and low to find a Camaro image that was close to a Camaro that he used to own and loved. I tried to color it like a picture that my daughter had of the car. The car IRL and on the actual card is a lot darker in color. When I took the picture I couldn't get the true color it kept looking lighter like a red instead of a dark cranberry. So IRL the car matches the papers much better. Also the CS that looks like grey on the card is actually silver glitter CS. My daughter picked out the papers and really liked it so on the card it went. I used a glitter pen on the wheels and the trim on the card to tie it all together. She loves the card so that makes me happy.

Here are the challenges that my card fits

Cute Card Thursday Challenge #114-This challenge was to use no DP on your card. My daughter insisted on no DP for a guy card.

Crafty Catz Challenge #34-The challenge this week is called The Boyz Are Back. You are to make a card a man or a boys card. This is definitely a guy card I think.

Quixotic Challenge #27-"Emboss It" is the challenge. I embossed the vertical panel with my Cuttlebug to add some texture to the card. Also the black CS is embossed to look like leather.

Papertake Weekly Challenge #41-This was a great sketch challenge this week. I loved working with this sketch!

A Spoonful of Sugar Challenge #105-"Celebrations" is the great challenge they have this week. This is a birthday card so what better celebration, right?

Cupcake Craft Challenge 92-This challenge is a color challenge to use black, grey and one other color. I usually think of black and grey as the same thing just lighter and darker shades. I used dark cranberry as my other color because it goes so well with black and grey. It is great for a masculine card.

Dare U 2 Digi Stamp Challenge 38-One For The Boys is the challenge. Cars and guys are always great together!

These are great challenges this week. I hope you can take a minute to stop by to see all the wonderful creations that everyone has done. How about playing along with some of them!

Thanks for stopping by today to see what I have created. All your wonderful comments are very much appreciated, I love reading each one of them.

Have a safe and wonderful Memorial Day Weekend with your family and friends.

Happy Creating,
Mary

9 comments:

Lindsey said...

Great image for a man card! I love the embossing and the screw shaped brads are perfect. I love it! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week xx

Aunty Sue said...

Really great mans card and thanks for joining us this week at Crafty Catz

Peggy said...

Great Man card!! I'm glad Nicole helped and that she liked it. I hope her friend does too!!

carol said...

Super card for this weeks challenge at craftycatz, thanks for joining in, x carol

Kristine said...

Hi Mary... this is awesome!! I'm so not good at manly cards, but this is really great. Love those screw brads =) Thanks for leaving me a comment from Scrap-Creations!! Hope you're enjoying Memorial Weekend.

Ingrid said...

What a lovely card you entered for our challenge!
Thanks for joining the fun at A Spoon Full of Sugar.
Hugs Ingrid

Pink Blossom Creations said...

Cool card, fab image
Thanks for joining in with PTW
Caroline x

Suzanne said...

Fantastic male card. Thanks for joining in at Crafty Catz this week
Hugs
Suzanne x

Annie said...

this is a great guy card!
thanks for joining us at CCT.
hugs, annie x